August 12, 2012

Purely Chilean Vino


On a whim this past Friday, I stumbled on Puro Wine in Little Italy. At first, I surmised this place as just another wine shop....but when I saw "the best wines from Chile" sprawled on their storefront plus a cutesy sign about a free wine tasting that evening. I couldn't resist. 

This was my first foray into tasting wine from this South American country. Until now, I've only indulged in Californian, South African, French and Italian wines. Chilean wine offers the standard reds, white, sparkling and dessert wines but it also has reserva blends. Reserva blends are wines that mixes different types of grapes/wines to create a powerful flavor. The wine blends potent taste reminded me of the flavorful intricacies that the tea leaf boasts.

At the end of the evening, I left Puro Wine with a bottle of one of their red blends, the Tacora's Gran Reserva (Cabernet Sauvignon+Malbec+Merlot). 

I hope you will stop by this shop to explore your palate at their regular wine tasting events. Cheers!

-Chante