April 4, 2012

Brooklyn Tastes Damn Good

It's all about Brooklyn this week! 

Last night I attended the epic foodie event paying homage to my home-borough, the 2nd Annual Tasting Brooklyn, at the DUMBO Loft. And this weekend is the the homecoming of cream-of-crop vendors and introducing the masses to new vendors to love with the reopening of the Dekalb Market since closing last summer.


Kicking off my Brooklyn overdose in full gear was the Tasting Brooklyn event hosted by Brooklyn Exposed featuring a plethora of food and drink vendors serving up some seriously extravagant plates. Every attendee was in awe just like I was. We needed an extra pair of hands to manage it all. It was insanely delicious!!! Special nom noms go to the event sponsors (Fairway, DNAinfo.com, Yelp), Fornino Park Slope, Benchmark Restaurant, Wild Rise, Tchoup Soup, SoCo Restaurant, Sweet Loren's, The Chocolate Room, The Meatball Shop and the Sunburnt Calf.  


Sidenote: Sorry I didn't get to all of the vendors - I will have to stalk these restaurants instead! haha 

Unfortunately my hands were way too full to take any pics of what I devoured last night luckily photog, Danny Tsang, captured quite a bit - check his photos at http://newyork.seriouseats.com/2012/04/the-second-annual-tasting-brooklyn-event-roundup.html


This Saturday my favorite market, the Dekalb Market, opens up signaling the official beginning of spring! I've shopped til I dropped here several times last summer and for the holidays.  And connected with new and old vendors that I've come to love. Join me in some more shopping and noshing in Brooklyn!!!

-Chante