July 8, 2012

Wine in the Hamptons

Photo Credit: Chante Ramsey/Vysyn Photography
Yesterday, ladies gathered in Soho in the wee hours of the morning for the SHECKY'S ANNUAL GIRLS DAY OUT: HAMPTONS WINE TOUR




Yesterday, me and almost a hundred women kicked off this daylong adventure - for some it was their first time to the Hamptons while there were vets to this excursion sprinkled throughout the crowd. I'm a morning person so the thought of getting up before dawn to meet the bus and pull out of NYC by 9am had me completely amped! 


The throngs of women was a beautiful sight to see...sister friends, moms with their daughters and, most touching was when I met a woman who came in memory of her closest friend who recently passed away - this trip was supposed to be their quality time together. Needless to say it was an emotionally charged event for all. 


The ride wasn't excruciating one bit it took us about 2 hrs to get to the Hamptons - the free wifi kept me pretty busy! When we arrived, we were greeted enthusiastically by the staff at the Baiting Hollow Farm Vineyard boasting of miles of acres, a gorgeous horse stable, live performance area, a shopping boutique and, of course, a wine tasting stage. As we sipped and mingled with glasses of whites, reds and rose', we noshed on delicious sandwiches, cookies and other snacks. 

@ Baiting Hollow: Music by Double A Blues Band |  Wine Tasting | Horse Stable Tour
Photo Credit: Chante Ramsey/Vysyn Photography
Afterwards, we hopped back on the bus for the next vineyard, Jason’s Vineyard, for the next tasting. they also served up a similar array of their best stock of wines for all palates. I particularly loved their White Resiling known as their "summer wine". The wine offerings here are a bit overpowering, in a good way. I wasn't too keen on their red wine though. 

@ Jason's Vineyard: Wine Tasting | Vineyard Tour
@ South Hampton: Shopping
Photo Credit: Chante Ramsey/Vysyn Photography
The last stop on this journey was the shopping center in the heart of town. There was so many choices to choose from that I needed a minute to compose myself. I had a great shopping experience. I wasn't surprised at the prices - c'mon its the Hamptons! I copped some tees, sweets and more sweets (their Carvel shop makes ours back in the city ook downright pitiful). 


All in all, the experience to the Hamptons was awesome even with a few traveling hiccups along the way. I met so many amazing women along the way who allowed me to capture them. This was my first time in the Hamptons and certainly won't be my last time here - I have more shopping and tasting to do! 


-Chante
@ South Hampton: Shopping
Photo Credit: Chante Ramsey/Vysyn Photography
South Hampton
Photo Credit: Chante Ramsey/Vysyn Photography